Learn more about Oxford Houses
Below is a video of Oxford House Inc. Founder Paul Molloy describing the Oxford House model on 60 Minutes.
How can one find and get into an Oxford House
Any recovering alcoholic or drug addict can apply to get into any Oxford House by following a few simple steps. Mainly filling out an application and being interviewed by the existing members of the House.
- Find the Oxford House in the area you want by selecting the Search for Vacancies and determine if there is a current vacancy available.
Read instructions below then select Search for Vacancies :
- Enter zip code and select “Search by Zip“, or enter state, add county if known. You can enter the city name in the search window.
- Find a House that is for your gender and shows it has vacancies.
- Call the HOUSE # phone and schedule an interview and bring the completed application with you to the interview.
- Download the Application for Membership. and fill in prior to an interview conducted at the house in which you are interested in applying to.
- If you are not able to interview in person, you can coordinate with the house to do an interview over the phone.
The application is then considered by the membership of the House and if there is a vacancy and if 80% of the members approve, the applicant is accepted and moves in. If an applicant does not get voted into one house he or she should try another house in the area.
If you are turned down at one house, evaluate your posture and apply at another. There is no stigma or penalty applied by a rejection; it is merely the judgment of the residents as to inviting you into their home. When you are a resident, you will be called upon to make similar decisions about new applicants.